TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to Sustainable Furniture!
These terms and conditions (“T&C’s”) outline the rules and regulations for the use of Sustainable Furniture London Limited’s (“Sustainable Furniture”) website (the “Website”), located at https://www.sustainable-furniture.com.
The following terminology applies to these T&C’s: “Client”, “you” and “your” refers to you, the person logging on to the Website and who will comply with these T&C’s. “the Company”, “ourselves”, “we”, “our” and “us”, refers to Sustainable Furniture. “Party” or “Parties” refers to both the Client and Sustainable Furniture. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
By accessing this Website, we assume you accept these T&C’s. Do not continue to use the Website if you do not agree to all of the T&C’s stated on this page.
All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of producing good for the customer in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the customer’s needs.
These T&C’s are governed in accordance with and is subject to the laws of England.
Unless otherwise stated, Sustainable Furniture (and/or its licensors) own all the intellectual property rights for any and all material on the Website. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access the Website for your own personal use, subjected to the restrictions set in these T&C’s.
You must not:
- Republish material from the Website;
- Sell, rent or sub-licence material from the Website;
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from the Website; and
- Redistribute content from the Website.
Parts of this Website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the Website. Sustainable Furniture does not filter, edit, publish or review comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Sustainable Furniture, its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who posts their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Sustainable Furniture shall not be liable for the comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the comments on this Website.
Sustainable Furniture reserves the right to monitor all comments and to remove any comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes a breach of these T&C’s.
In using the Website, you warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the comments on our Website and have all the necessary licences and consents to do so;
- The comments do not infringe any intellectual property rights, including, without limitation copyright, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or moral rights of any third party;
- The comments do not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy;
- The comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Sustainable Furniture a non-exclusive licence to use, copy, reproduce, edit and sub-licence and authorise others to use, copy, reproduce and edit any of your comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
The following organisations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organisations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
These organisations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organisations:
- commonly known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organisations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavourably to ourselves (b) the organisation does not have any negative records with us; and (c) the link is in the context of general resource information.
If you are one of the organisations listed above and are interested in linking to our Website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Sustainable Furniture London Limited at email@example.com. Please include your name, your organisation name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Please wait 2-3 business days for a response.
Approved organisations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Sustainable Furniture’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking in absence of a trademark licence agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these T&C’s and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking T&C’s.
REMOVAL OF LINKS FROM OUR WEBSITE
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to do so unless required by law or regulation.
We do not ensure that the information on this Website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the Website remains available or that the material on the Website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our Website and the use of the Website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
REFUNDS AND CHANGES TO ORDERS
- Non-bespoke products (in styles and sizes listed on this Website) can be partially refunded within fourteen (14) days of receipt. As all items are made-to-order, a 20% return fee will be applied, along with the cost of the initial delivery (as specified by the courier) and any subsequent collections. This 20% return fee covers administration time, photography and listing the item for sale, as well as storage costs.
- As we are a small company offering bespoke, made-to-order products, we cannot accept returns or cancellations on any bespoke products once work has begun. Please ensure all details are correct when placing your order, and that you are happy with all design decisions.
- We endeavour to always send out quality products, however mistakes can happen. Should you receive faulty or damaged goods, we will of course repair or replace the item. Please provide a detailed description in writing, with photos, of any areas of damage and contact us at email@example.com. Please see the Products, Materials & Design Section below for what we deem as ‘acceptable character’ of the wood we use.
- In the case of faulty or damaged goods, or an incorrect order being received, we will ensure all necessary steps are taken to provide you with the correct item/s, however we cannot offer any further discounts or refunds.
- Once an order has been placed, by putting down a payment, the cost of any additional requested design drawings, or requested alterations to existing drawings will be charged to the customer. We do not provide drawings for all items.
- Any delivery dates or times set out are estimates only. While we will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the goods within the time or times agreed, we will not be responsible for any losses caused to the customer as a result of late delivery, and are unable to offer compensation if the agreed delivery date is missed or cancelled by the haulier/courier or ourselves.
- We will always endeavour to complete any work in a timely fashion, but unless agreed to beforehand with the customer, we will not be subject to any subsequent arbitrary delivery dates requested or insisted upon by the customer or their agents.
- Any attempted and failed deliveries due to access issues or where the customer is not in will be charged to the customer, along with the cost of any necessary alterations.
- We use third party delivery companies; your contact details will be sent onto them to arrange delivery. The delivery companies are responsible for organising the delivery of your goods and may not be completely flexible on delivery dates.
- Although we will always attempt to have deliveries made in one (1) consignment, we reserve the right to have goods delivered in more than one (1) consignment, unless otherwise agreed.
. Please consider the access to the location you are having the product made for. Will it fit through all doors, corridors, stairwells etc.? We can disassemble some items for easier access if arranged in advance. We will not be held responsible for items not fitting into the space required, and any re-deliveries and alterations will have to be charged to the customer.
- Most of the time our hauliers/couriers work on set prices, however, we reserve the right to potentially increase the delivery costs in the following circumstances:
– You live in a remote part of the UK.
– Access to the room/delivery location is difficult. If there are several floors to manoeuvre up, or long distances to carry the furniture, it is vital you inform us before delivery is attempted.
- If the customer fails to meet the arranged delivery date/is not in to receive the goods, any charges incurred for redelivery will passed onto the customer, and likewise any charges incurred for the storage of goods.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect goods on delivery for damages, please make us aware of any damaged or faulty goods within one (1) week of receipt.
- If the delivery company’s POD (proof of delivery) is signed for by the customer, with no mention of damage, no refunds or repairs can be issued for damages caused in transit.
- Surcharge prices will apply on top of the free delivery for postcodes listed in the ‘Surcharge Areas’ section below.
- Goods may be collected from our London based workshop on completion by the customer if previously arranged, and only once full payment has been received.
- Additional waiting time, caused by the customer not being at the delivery location during their allocated delivery window, will be billed at £30 per 30 minutes.
- Sometimes it will be requested, during the ordering process, that the customer organises for an additional number of people to be present to assist with the delivery of large orders. If this has not been arranged by the customer, the drivers reserve the right to refuse to deliver the order, as it will be too heavy and dangerous for them to lift alone.
PRODUCTS, MATERIALS AND DESIGN
- By the very nature of the materials we use, and the type of industrial furniture we are producing, our wood could contain all of the following characterful traits (which are expected within each piece and for which we are unable to offer any kind of discount or refund):
– Bandsaw marks across the grain;
– Burn marks, screws, nails;
– Small ‘chip out’ marks from the planer;
– Excess wood from drill hole;
– Paint or colour markings from previous life;
– Small machining marks; and
– Natural colour variation.
- Hopefully all of these attributes will add to the uniqueness of your piece, but should you want your piece to be reduced from this type of rustic character as much as possible, please make sure to specify a quote for our ‘Super Premium Timber’, or let us know that you need a surface extra flat/smooth etc so that we are able to quote accordingly.
- We always endeavour to choose the best boards for all of our orders, however there will still be small knots, varied wood grain and medullary rays, depending on the wood we have in stock.
- We will not accept returns, make adjustments or alterations, or offer refunds due to issues arising from the customer’s personal preference on wood grain, pattern, knots, medullary rays, colour variation or any other naturally occurring elements. Natural wood is varied and beautiful and the grain can even change in the same piece.
- All wood species can react to exposure to sunlight, changes in temperature and humidity. We cannot be held responsible for changes in the wood due to environmental factors, once delivery has been made.
. We make our furniture with wood movement in mind; however, we cannot take responsibility should the piece react to the humidity of your own environment.
All our wood is dried. In very dry settings the humidity of the wood could decrease, leading to cracks/movement; likewise, a very humid or wet environment could cause the wood to warp, and joints to separate.
- Our furniture is not suitable for outdoor use or use in bathrooms and wet-rooms unless specifically stated.
- Across our Website, and in our communications with you, we may describe the wood at 25mm, 35mm – this thickness is the starting thickness of the reclaimed wood we use, finished board thickness will be less. If you need a specific wood thickness you must let us know when ordering.
- All our products can be made to measure to fit your space, however we do not guarantee mm precision unless we are specified to do so, and some hardware such as nuts and bolts may protrude – please allow for +/- 25mm on all dimensions (or about 5%). The tolerances are likely to occur mainly in the height and depth of the piece as we are using solid boards which can vary slightly in size depending on how much each particular board needs sanding.
- If you require an exact size for your item, such as for fitting into an alcove, please make sure you specify the exact measurements on order (or before if possible). We cannot take responsibility for an item which does not fit or is too small/big if the measurement is under the 5% of tolerance.
- Due to the nature of the finishes applied to our products, the final finishes may vary from photos online or samples we send out, but we will always do our best a get a match.
- When working to customers’ design specifications and drawings, Sustainable Furniture will not be held fully responsible for issues with design, functionality, or stability/wood movement, unless a sample product is ordered or testing is paid for. We endeavour to ensure any product ordered sent out is in full working order, and to our usual high standard, however, if we do encounter unexpected design issues, or need to alter a customers’ design we will charge accordingly.
- We cannot be held responsible for customer’s preference to design elements that are not discussed or raised at the point of ordering, and will make educated assumptions based on the style of the product, and its functionality etc.
- We offer drawing services for custom designs, however it will be at our discretion to decide if charges may apply.
- Our finishes are generally low maintenance. Our Light, Medium and Dark finishes seal the top surface of the furniture. Our products that specifically state that the finish is oil or wax will require maintaining, depending on use, to keep your furniture fresh. In particular, an oil and or wax finish will need re-coating in oil or wax every 6 months or so.
- Almost all of our products leave us with the legs detached, unless specified otherwise.
- All of our items are going to be quite heavy. If weight is going to be a concern, please specify before placing your order.
- We recommend that items of shelving, TV units and desks should be fixed to a wall for safety. Please mention whilst ordering if you will require fixings, or holes drilling. Items of furniture left free standing are done so at the customer’s own risk and we cannot take responsibility.
- In the circumstance that an item is to be fixed to a wall, floor, or similar, it is the customer’s responsibility to check the suitability of their property, wall type, etc. Sustainable Furniture will not be held responsible for damages caused to customer’s property in the process, or as a result, of the customer attaching their furniture to the wall, floor etc. We would recommend the customer always use an experienced tradesman.
- You should never climb, hang, throw or jump from your furniture.
- Always place heavier items at the bottom of shelving and storage to avoid the piece becoming top heavy.
- Due to the nature of wood and reclaimed wood, we cannot be responsible for splinters or splintering of the wood which could lead to personal injury. Our wood is sanded numerous times to help prevent such events as splinters or splintering, however wood moves all the time, and will change according to its environment.
- At our discretion we may offer the customer the option to put down a 50% deposit on orders over the value of £400.00. The remaining 50% is to be paid before dispatch/delivery, and orders will be held until full payment has been made.
- Occasionally there may be information on our Website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, product shipping charges, delivery estimates and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
- Quotes given by Sustainable Furniture will remain valid for thirty (30) days, after this time we reserve the right to change prices accordingly in line with material costs and existing listing prices.
The following postcodes may incur a delivery surcharge, including on orders with free delivery. Please contact us to arrange your delivery:
AB ,IV ,PH, PA, DD, TR, PL, TQ, CA, TD, EH, G, DG, KA, ML, FK, KY, LL(EXCLUDING13-14) AND SY23/24/25
Other Highland and remote Scottish postcodes will need special arrangements.
We do not as standard deliver outside of mainland UK, however requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis and delivery charges will apply.